Hobsonville Point is situated roughly halfway between Albany and Westgate on State Highway 18. It’s easily accessible via the Northern or…
Hobsonville Point has a fascinating history. The air base played a critical role in New Zealand’s efforts to defend our country and fight…
Do you have questions or comments about the development of Hobsonville Point? Contact us here.
The creation of Hobsonville Point is a 10-15 year project being facilitated by the Hobsonville Land Company Limited (HLC) – a wholly-owned subsidiary of Housing New Zealand Corporation.
The development is planned to integrate the latest thinking in urban design, built-form, transport, services and social infrastructure.
What's so special?
Overall, the long term concept features:
- Community facilities and services such as schools, a community hall, recreational spaces and reserves
- A lively mixed-use destination at the waterfront landing area on the harbour with cafes and shops, a ferry terminal and public access for activities like boating and rowing, along with commercial launching facilities for large yachts and boats
- Just over 3000 quality homes providing choices for a range of income levels, including first-home owners
- Higher-density housing with apartments, terrace type housing and detached homes necessary to cater for Auckland’s growth within limited land space
- Environmentally-focused low impact infrastructure, including new approaches to transport, energy and storm-water management
- High speed broadband fibre to all home and work places throughout the community
- Celebration of the unique historical and natural features of the site
- An Auckland Council-led marine industry cluster providing employment and economic growth opportunities.