The transformation of Hobsonville Point from (largely) bare land to a bustling community is on a scale that is rare in New Zealand. We thought we’d impress you with some numbers.
- 167 hectares of peninsula jutting into the upper Waitemata harbour, the size of Devonport!
- 104 is the number of times Eden Park would fit into Hobsonville Point
- 24 hectares of land will be park, reserve or open space
- 1.7 million dollars spent on the first of our community parks, Hobsonville Park
- 4kms of coastal walkways for walking, running, cycling and commando-ing
- 11kms from the CBD
- 25 minutes to Quay St on the new ferry service
- 13 parks and reserves including an heritage oval
- 2,500 homes, from ‘lock and leave’ apartments to waterfront mansions
- 2 brand new public schools
- 50 mature palm trees gracing the neighbourhood
- 30 heritage buildings to be re-loved